Navigation and Key Features
Navigating Toggl Plan is easy. Let's break it down to its main components.
Starting from the left side of the screen, all three small icons on the system sidebar take you to various places in the Settings pages. These and other Settings pages are worthwhile to explore, when you're interested in
- • changing your own profile
- • adding or managing users in the workspace
- • checking your billing settings
- • learning more about our apps, integrations, shortcuts or anything else related to Toggl Plan
- • leaving us feedback - we read and reply to all of it!
The workspace sidebar provides easy access to all the tasks and projects in your workspace.
- • At the top, you see the workspace name you're currently in. By clicking on the workspace name, you'll see a drop-down list of all the workspaces you're part of and can switch between them.
- • Quick search - quickly find and navigate to any team, plan, task or user
- • Updates - this is where notifications about changes to tasks, plans and teams you follow appear. You'll also be notified if someone mentions you in comments.
- • My work - a simple hub to focus on your own tasks alone, without any extra noise.
- • Teams - Teams are groups of people whose scheduled you wish to see all at once on the same timeline. Team timelines provide the best overview of who's doing what and when. Use the '+' sign to add a new Team.
- • Plans - can be used to organize your tasks by project, clients or any other way that works for you. You can see your Plan tasks in two views - organized on a Kanban-like board in board view and organized by segments one a timeline in timeline view. Use the '+' sign to add a new Plan.
- • Archived Plans - this only appears after you've archived a Plan. Archiving is a nice way to get Plans that are no longer top of mind out of sight while still keeping all the data.
The View You're In
The bulk of the screen is taken up by the current view you are in. It can be a Team timeline like on the image above or a Plan board or timeline (images below).
- • In the top-left corer there's an icon where you can collapse and expand the sidebar.
- • Next to it is the Team or Plan name and view you're looking at.
On Plan views you can also toggle the different views on and off.
- • Your tasks are visible on the board or timeline on the screen.
At the top of the board/timeline there's also an option to filter the tasks you see.
On Plan timeline, you can also collapse and expand segments area from the purple Hide Segments button. Segments can be nice to break down a bigger project, however you can also just collapse it and create all your tasks into one segment.
- • At the bottom-right corner of the screen you'll find options to change your zoom level (weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual), a date picker for easy navigation and Taskbox.
- • In the top-right corner of the screen, you'll find an arrow button to share timelines with. Under the three-dot menu you'll find the option to edit the Plan/Team you're currently in as well as other actions to take (import or export tasks, manage users, follow Plan/Team etc.). You can also take some of these actions by hovering over the Team/Plan on the sidebar and clicking on the 3-dot menu that appears.
That's the basics of it! Take a look at some of our useful shortcuts as well.