Boards provide an opportunity to work in sprints by prioritising tasks and moving them easily from one status to another.
To create a board
- Click on "+New Plan" on sidebar.
- Add a name.
- Choose a colour; this will become especially rewarding once you add the task on your timeline and assign this task to a user. Team timeline will then easily be colour coded, and you get a quick visual overview of everything your team is working on.
- Toggle Board selection ON.
How to use Boards
- Navigate to a board. The icon vertical lines signifies a plan board. Boards and plans are interlinked with the same data, so whenever you add dates to any task on your board, they will appear on the plan timeline. To see the board, you need to toggle the switch on in the header.
- Navigate to a plan timeline. The icon with horizontal lines signifies a plan timeline like the one on the screenshot above. The highlighted plan is what you're concentrating on at the moment.
- Sidebar open and close button delivers what it promises. Use it to minimise the visual noise of the sidebar and to fully focus on the project at hand. Open it again whenever you need to navigate to somewhere else.
- Switch between board and timeline and add a board to a timeline, or a timeline to a board by toggling a switch in the dropdown.
- Three dots menu allow quick access to edit, archive, delete and duplicate your timeline. Archiving transfers the task over to the archived folder on the sidebar. Duplication creates the same project outline — and you can choose to either duplicate only the segments the folder has or also include all the tasks if your project follows the identical pattern. With the latter option, however, you need to keep in mind you have to manually move all the tasks into their correct places.
- Every column header is regarded as a task status. You can add as many columns to any board as you'd like. You can change the status from task popup or by dragging a task from one column to another.
- The emoji signifies the status and is also displayed on the plan timeline to give you an overview of all the statuses the tasks in your projects are in. You can customise all emojis attached to the columns
- Add a task to the bottom or at the top of the boards, depending on how much attention they need right after adding them. You can also drag and drop them to create a different order of tasks to prioritise the most relevant assignments.
- A task is a single smallest part of your boards. Any task can be dragged and dropped to another place in the same column, or to a different column altogether.