To help migrating tasks from one online product to Toggl Plan, make sure you get all the notification you need or stay up-to-date with your calendar, we have created some integrations.
- • Toggl Plan Browser Extension
- • Slack
- • Calendar Export
- • Toggl Track Integration
- • Toggl Track's Browser Extension
- • API access
Toggl Plan Browser Extension
We wanted to make it as easy as possible to connect your favourite apps with Toggl Plan, which is why we created the Toggl Plan Extension. This Chrome and Firefox extension allows you to create a Task on any page you visit with the click of a button. You can also connect to some of your favourite web apps such as Asana, JIRA, Podio, Gitlab and Github.
Note: This will not automatically sync data, you will need to update tasks as they change.
- Download the Toggl Plan Extension from the Chrome Webstore or through Mozilla Firefox Add-on.
- Click on the button, sign in and start adding details of the Task.
- Click Add to send it directly to Toggl Plan. You may need to refresh your Timeline to have it appear.
- You can also select text on any page, right-click and choose Add to Toggl Plan.
Logging Out and Switching Accounts
- Open the Extensions page from Chrome menu or click on the Add-on in Mozilla - click on your workspace name in the upper left corner and click on Sign Out.
- Find the Toggl Plan Chrome extension.
- Click on the Options link.
- Click Sign out.
- Sign in again by clicking on the purple Toggl Plan button in any of the supported tools.
Slack integration gives you an opportunity to be more informed about what's going on with your Timeline. It will notify you when someone has modified a Task and include who edited, what was changed, etc. For the time being, Slack notifications will go out Sunday-Saturday if you sign up for the daily to-do. This means all seven days of the week.
- Click on Settings in the sidebar
- Select Apps & Integrations
- Select Slack
Choose the type of integration you'd like to set up. You can choose one or all.
• Timeline changes • Daily to-do lists
- Select the User you would like notifications from.
- Allow Toggl Plan to post messages to chat in Slack.
- Select the channel the messages should be sent to. We advise you to create a special channel for updates like this.
- For private messages select @slackbot as the channel.
- For Daily to-do list, select the time you wish to receive them and press Add.
To remove Slack notifications, click on the type of the Slack integration which you want to be removed and press Remove.
Important to note: When you edit your tasks in Toggl Plan, there might be up to a 12-hour delay in syncing the changes. This is due to how Google's API is set up.
Calendar Export gives you a chance to export your Toggl Plan tasks to calendars such as Google, Office 365 Outlook and Calendar (Apple).
Bear in mind that only your part of the timeline will be integrated with your Calendar. Approximately two months of future tasks will be integrated with your calendar, starting with today's tasks. Make sure to add start and end times to tasks in Toggl Plan, otherwise they will be only displayed at the top of your external calendar.
- Go to Settings -> Apps & Integrations -> Calendar Export
- Copy your calendar URL
You can now add this to an external calendar. Here's how you can do this in Google Calendar and Outlook.
In Google Calendar:
- On your computer, open Google Calendar.
- On the left, next to "Other calendars," click Add > from URL
- Enter the calendar's URL that you copied from Plan.
- Click Add calendar. The calendar appears on the left, under "Other calendars."
Tip: It might take up to 24 hours for changes to show in your Google Calendar.
In Office 365 Outlook Calendar:
- Click on Add Calendar.
- Paste the link from Toggl Plan
- Assign a name to your Calendar
- Click on Save
Toggl Track Integration
- Navigate to the Toggl Track integration page in Toggl Plan (Settings → Apps & Integrations → Toggl Track).
- Select 'ON' to enable the integration.
- In another tab, head over to your Toggl Track workspace, and grab your API token. You can find it by going into My Profile, and scrolling down until you see the ‘API Token’ subheading.
- Copy and paste your API token into the relevant field in your Toggl Plan settings, hit Enter or click anywhere on the page to save.
- Configure the remaining settings.
Start time tracking straight from your Toggl Plan tasks, match and sync existing and new Clients, Plans and Projects and keep track of progress compared to the workload you estimated.
Toggl Track's Browser Extension
You can also track your time directly from Toggl Plan by installing Toggl Button Extension either from in Chrome or Firefox. Once you add it and allow it to have permission to Toggl Plan, you will see Toggl button inside your Task popup in Toggl Plan.
If you’re a developer and you'd like to set up an integration, please feel free to use our open-source and let us know what you came up with.
Learn how you can set this up here.