Bulk actions help you quickly update multiple tasks. This is useful when planning a new project or updating progress for several tasks at once.
First, select the tasks you want to update. There are two ways to do this:
- • hold Cmd (Ctrl for PC) and click on individual tasks you wish to select, keep selecting
- • hold Shift, click and drag your cursor across the task you wish to select.
Then, select the action you want to take. At the bottom of the screen you will see a count of how many tasks you've selected and an Actions menu. The same menu is also accessible by right-clicking on one of the selected tasks. The actions available include:
Bulk task properties
- • Change the status of selected tasks. This replaces the existing status with a new one.
- • Add an assignee to selected tasks. This does not impact existing assignees. If a task already had a different assignee, it will now be multi-assigned to several people.
- • Add a tag to selected tasks. This does not impact existing tags. If a task already had a different tag, it will now have multiple tags. If the task already had the tag you're trying to add, nothing will happen.
Bulk task actions
- • Duplicate the selected tasks.
- • Move tasks to another Project. This will create a new segment for the destination Project called "Tasks from 'Project Name'" and put all moved tasks into that segment.
- • Delete the selected tasks.
If you don't see some of the menu items listed above, it means the action is currently unavailable. Common reason include:
- • You have selected tasks from multiple Projects. You won't be able to add Tags or change Statuses.
- • You don't have any tags created in the Project. You can create tags when you open a task from that project.